Monday, April 29, 2013

Epicurious Cafe

In sg, it is quite difficult to find a cafe which serve pretty decent food unlike in uk which we can spot one in a short distance.
I get to know this cafe which is just at The Rail Mall on a foodblog.
It is super near school.
So before Ashraff and i head to school to do our fyp, we meet up and have lunch.
I like the cafe's ambience. Super quiet and peaceful.
If you are looking for a place to chill and relax, this is the right place!

The cafe prepared set lunch/brunch for their customers. Quite thoughtful!
And they have all day breakfast! for those who can't wake up early, no more worry!
Set come in $10, $14+ and $18+.
I can't be bother with the $10 ones because it is practically thai food.
I don't think thai food should be eaten here. I still prefer the thai food near kovan mrt. (:

$14+ consists of a starter, main/brunch, dessert OR drinks.

$18+ consists of a starter, main/brunch, dessert AND drinks.

We chose the $18+.
However, the food took quite a while to reach us.

Our drinks.
Pineapple juice for Ash.
Canberry juice for me.


Our starter. both of us chose the same starter.
It is toasted bread with mushrooms, tomatoes and rocket leaves toppings.
Apparently, Ash say this is so so only.
For me, anything with mushrooms is a YES for me.


This is my main.
Vietnamese Chicken Bolognese.
The sauce is special. It doesn't taste like usual pasta.
It taste sort of like tom yam soup taste? Something like that.
It isn't spicy at all. So for those who can't take very spicy. This is good!
Ash and i feel this is very unique and flavourful.


Ash's main. It is a brunch.
Consists of scramble eggs, bread, potatoes, baked tomatoes, baked beans, bacons and sausages.
I tried the sausage and feel it is tasteless.
I am not a fan of scramble egg but ash say the scramble egg is special.
I LOVE POTATOES! The inner of it is soft and it outer layer is hard. I like it!


We choose the same dessert. Panna Cotta.
It is actually milk pudding with strawberry jam.
I LOVE milk pudding. This is not bad.
I still prefer the milk pudding at Paris Baguette cafe at wistma. (:

Follow me on twitter and instagram as i am more active over there! @yenyenyenru
Leave a comment at the comment box below. 
BYE.

392 Upper Bukit Timah Rd
The Rail Mall
Tel: 68945926

60 Robertson Quay
#01-02 The Quayside
Tel: 67347720

No comments: