Sunday, November 10, 2013

Au Petite Salut

Birthday celebration with my bf is really memorable.
I am really touched with all the things he planned that day.
Yes, I told him I don't need any present, all i want is to have him beside me.


He is super sweet la. He know i love french food and he brought me there for my birthday.
The person recommend us wine to go with individual food.
I had red wine, he had white wine.
The wine do flow in your mouth very smoothly.


My Starter is of course, the escargots. 
I love love escargot a lot. Everytime i go french restaurant i will order escargot.
These escargots prove to me that the escargots i tried before is all crap la.
This is so nice! Even Ash dislike escargots thinks this is super love.
The garlic is OMG! BOOMB!


Remember Savour restaurant? The foie gras there has a smell in it and doesn't seems fresh.
This foie gras really no smell, crispy on the outside, soft in the inside. 
It has a lot of layering taste in this.
Definitely the best foie gras ever.


This is Ash main dish.
He always has a thing for lobster. So he ordered lobster pasta.
The sauce goes very well with the pasta, the portion is just nice to fill a stomach.
I love the pasta. VERY VERY YUMMY.
As for the lobster, definitely not the best, but i think it is fresh!


Ash always say whichever french restaurant i goes to, I will try their duck confit.
This duck confit is really the best i ever ate.
The skin is crispy yet not sick of it taste.
Inside is soft and juicy. Not oily taste.
The pear is sweet and the yellow sauces goes superbly well with the duck.
It gives a super nice taste.
Ash say he will never eat french food else where already. HAHA.


We wanted to try all the taste of the dessert in the menu.
So we have a tasting plate.

On the far end, ice cream with chocolate fudge.
OMG! It isn't very sweet and it makes you wanna finish it off!
Second from the end, passion fruit sorbet with cranberry jam.
Ash and i thinks the sorbet taste super refreshing on its own. The cranberry smell like body shop.
We don't really like the cranberry jam.
The middle one, chocolate lava cake.
I love it. because it is dark chocolate, and it gives a super nice texture. Ash don't really like dark chocolate though.
Second from the front, Soyabean cheese cake. We feel it taste like beancurd la. I don't like it but Ash likes it.

The star of the day really goes to the creme brûlée.
It is coconut creme brûlée. The first impression of coconut makes me turn off.
But i eat one mouth, it changes my opinion straight away!
It is sooooo good! The taste and combination is perfect! Ash feel is the best out of everything on the plate too!


This boy is super cheeky!
He told me he didnt buy anything for me.
So i thought ok, cause to me, a good dinner with him is more important.

So i didnt really expect any present.
And we went to watch Thor after our dinner.
Then, after the movie, he passed me. I was so shocked to see this paper bag.

I told him: 
Noone understand me better than you do. Noone love, pamper, dote on me like you do. 
Thanks for being my pillar and support me through all ups and down.
I am  always grateful to have you in my life and truly blessed to be with you.
I love you and i really do.
The best birthday present this year is really having you by my side.

No comments: